Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fun times in town...

So today we FINALLY made it into town for a playdate NOT tied to a doctor's appointment!! Okay that's not really true, but the doctor's appointment got cancelled (apparently doctors take sick days too-who knew?? lol!) Nicholas had been so excited to go play with Tyler I didn't want to disappoint him, so we made arrangements to go over a little later in the morning for them to play. Nicholas had a great time and didn't want to leave! Drew was better than expected, but still a little whiney. After finally getting Nicholas back in the car, we went to have lunch with Ryan. Drew fell asleep in the car which meant picking up fast food and eating in the car, but that gave me a chance to run into the yarn store sans kids, so it worked out well :) I needed more of a yarn I bought Saturday for a project for Alice (I changed the project after buying the first yarn so I needed more than I originally bought), but what took less than 5 minutes on my own would have been more than a half an hour ordeal if I had taken the boys in. Thankfully there was enough of the dye lot I needed left and I'll be able to finish the project with no problem and may even have enough left for a hat!

Tomorrow we are heading to Flagstaff to visit some friends who are in town from Utah. Its supposed to snow Saturday so hopefully it doesn't make our trip home too bad. I'm sure we'll take lots of pics so hopefully Ryan will get those up next week. I've officially put Ryan in charge of posting pics to the blog since he's the only one that seems to manage getting them on to the computer in the first place :) He also has some cool pics of him and Nicholas out chasing cows today to post. Its kind of cool living out in the sticks and getting to see animals. Definitely not something you see living in the city!

0 comments: