Sunday, July 19, 2009

Playing catch up!

Once again, I fail at blogging LOL! But since I can't give anything up until I've gotten it 'right' (with the exception of driving stick-I did give up on ever being good at that) I'm going to try AGAIN.

The biggest news-Alice LeeAnne was born May 21st at 4:47pm. I think she was trying to find balance of the worst parts of my labors with Nicholas and Drew. She took longer than Drew, but not as long Nicholas, however, she was by FAR more painful than Drew. *Someone* forgot to warn me that the crazy red-headed anesthesiologist (who we'll refer to as 'CRA') is more likely to cause me permanent spinal damage than to administer an epidural properly. So I went through getting needled in the back for AN HOUR only to end up STILL in pain.

The pain was finally ended by a miracle :) My OB was in emergency surgery so his partner had come to check on me (I think the yelling was starting to concern my nurse so she must have called him-laboring while stuck in bed with no pain relief is a little painful,just sayin.) Anyway, turns out he does his own epidurals. Now, when a doctor looks at a previous doctor's work and says "What the heck is all this?!?!?" (referring to the ROLL of medical tape CRA used on my back during my failed epidural) you know someone screwed up. So like an angel of mercy and the devil incarnate wrapped into one he ripped ALL the tape off my back, shot me in the spine with something else (yes I was in too much pain to care what he was doing to me so I didn't ask what he gave me) and like magic, THE PAIN WAS GONE!!!!! WOOHOO!!! 10 minutes later, Alice decided it wasn't any fun to stay inside if it wasn't torturing mommy, so she finally made her appearance. She was as perfect looking as the boys and weighted in at 7 pounds even and 19.5 inches long-making her the tiniest of my 3 babies.

Many times over the past 3 years Ryan and I have mused over what a female version of Nicholas would be like (since he's more dramatic than any little girl either of us have ever known). Well now we now-her name is ALICE! Don't get me wrong, she's my perfect dark-haired, blue eyed beautiful baby and I love everything about her (did I mention her DARK HAIR?!?!? WOOHOO!), but I'm more than slightly afraid of her growing up. But for now I'm just enjoying everything about her because I know before I've had a chance to catch my breath she'll be all grown up and I want to enjoy every minute of my little girl.

Nicholas is an interesting kid. For all his "me me me"-ness and his constant need to be the center of attention he is also a fantastic big brother. Never once have we had sibling rivalry issues with him and Drew or him and Alice. He and Drew really are best friends and if they are apart for any length of time, it really wears on both of them. Nicholas loves helping with the younger kids, and especially loves teaching Drew how to do things. Thankfully for right now everything he's teaching him is pretty harmless, and in some cases actually good for him. I'm sure that will change eventually LOL!

Drew, I don't even know where to start about my Drew-Drew. Drew really doesn't stand a chance in the attention department with Nicholas and Alice as siblings, but some how he doesn't seem to mind. Ryan and I make a special effort to spend one-on-one time with him every day (in addition to time spent with everyone together) so he doesn't get totally eclipsed by his much more attention-needing siblings. Drew is magic :) He's the light in my dark times when Nicholas and Alice threaten to steal my last bit of sanity. Heavenly Father definitely knew what he was doing when he sent Drew. He's an amazing kid.

Oh, and I'm happy to update that my business "Two Cheeky Monsters" is doing well and is currently stocking with these first two group and will be stocking soon at the third...

Creative Mamas
Stop, Shop, Drool
Nectar

My individual store will be stocking again in September :)

0 comments: